PoolSafely.gov, designed and developed by OmniStudio, is a complete makeover of CPSC's first public awareness site which was launched in 2007 to support the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act. In 2010 CPSC and OmniStudio worked together to create a state-of-the-art site that educated and engaged the public, government and industry leaders.
User Experience and Visual Design:
- Strategic consulting and planning for website redesign and constituent communications.
- Complete user research and evaluation for information architecture design, resulting in detailed wireframes and site specs.
- Complete redesign of the site, including design concepts, art work, and front-end coding
Web Technical Solutions:
- Developed section 508 compliant templates, styles, and graphic files including Flash
- Integrated an up-to-date CMS (Wordpress) for administration of the site
- Provided CMS training for non-technical staff
- Social Media (Facebook and Twitter) integration
- Developing custom peer-sharing application, integrated with the main website, using the WordPress platform
CPSC launched the redesigned PoolSafely.gov site in September 2010. The new site aesthetics and user experience speaks directly to its target audiences. CPSC now has a powerful tool to disseminate campaign-related information through better usability, use of images, artwork, audio/video, and a wider variety of page templates that provide ongoing flexibility and scalability.